Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Countdown Begins.

We're moving, the weekend of the 19th.

I won't bore you with the horrendous details of packing, cleaning, and tying up lose ends, and by the end of this post, I'll try to come up with something worth reading about.

Before this almost sudden move, and before our move to here, and before I was a mother, I, like most mothers, was a completely different person. I liked to party, I liked to meet people, I liked to drink, and I liked to participate in various activities that always ended in some sort of awkwardness.

Mostly, I liked music. I loved going to concerts, I loved writing music, and I loved sitting alone with my guitar and a bottle what ever "cooler" was readily available at the time. What can I say? I was a hard core drunk. Fruity beverages all the way.

I started "dating" when I was 15, and by "dating" I mean that I started having boyfriends. I loved boys. If I were to add together all the days in which I was single between then and now, I might have been single for half a year, maybe a little more. It's not something I'm proud of, and though I don't have many regrets, if I could do it all again, I probably would have spent a little more time being single, and a lot more time actually dating, by which I mean getting to know someone and proceed to go out on dates. That's something I feel I never really did.

Having a baby is one of many life changing events in which you will find out who your friends really are, who your acquaintances are, and who you, yourself, may have been using. Getting married is another one of those milestones. People stop talking to you, and you start to put distance between yourself and certain people, mostly those who tend to get you into trouble.

I've lost, and made a lot of friends over the last few years, and now, with this move I'm leaving most of them behind. It makes me sad, because I'll miss them, but I'm glad that we're getting the chance to start over, from scratch, and hopefully build a better life, and a home, so that when my real friends come to visit, I'll have something worth showing off... and worth the 4 hour drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment