Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 4...

Alright, so as my last post explains, I've made some resolutions for the year. Here is my update.

Today, I woke up at 6:30, instead of my usual 9-something. I emptied the dishwasher, had some breakfast, and completed 2 french lessons. After that, I fought with my computer over not letting me continue my french lessons because the program I am using (Rosetta Stone) is registered on another computer. I managed to squeeze in about a half an hour of "Fit" time, which resulted in me straining some muscles after attempting some crazy yoga pose in which I become a pretzel.

I also stripped the Christmas tree of it's decorations, and put in some driving time. After that, I don't think I did much of anything, other than discovering that Baileys and hot chocolate mix well together. I guess I did some cleaning too.

Yesterday, however, I did design an interesting plan for storage under the stairs.

I live in a basement, which has it's pros and cons.

Pros:
I have a woodburning stove in my bedroom.
I have a roof over my head.
I have access to a washer and dryer in the next room.
It's unfinished(ish), so I can pretty much do with it as I please.

Cons:
My bedroom has 3 walls, which makes for interesting climate control issues with my significant other, who likes it to be five hundred million degrees, while I like it to be just above zero.

I'm the kind of person who likes to pile blankets on top of themselves so that they have about the thickness of a good-sized pillow, which is probably why I like it to be so cold, it's the only way to sleep under a mountain of blankets and not die of heat frustrations. More ofter than not, my feet will be sticking out from the blankets in a desperate attempt to lower my body temperature.

The other thing is that because there are only 3 walls, it feels like there is a lack of privacy, even if no one ever dares to venture down the stairs into what will soon be much less of a mess.

I hear Iron Man. I really dislike that song. And football.

Anyway, I'm fighting with myself to stay awake, so I'm off.

No comments:

Post a Comment