Thursday, October 29, 2009

Flannel Pyjamas Says Sleep Is On My Mind.

I'm waiting for everyone else to go to sleep so I can hop on the well-rested train.

Trains. Hmm. There's that three hour and two minute train ride home I get to make Saturday morning I don't particularly like taking the train. Mind you, I don't much like the idea of distance between my bed and myself.

There's also the Mary Murphy Train, complete with ear piercing screams, I mean whistles.

I grew up in a 30 story apartment building.We lived in 3 different units in the same building during our 15 year stay. My grandparents lived there before us. We even took over their unit when they moved out.

The apartment was along the train tracks. There were 5-7 sets of tracks, depending on where you were standing. The set closest to us was usually reserved for Go trains and the occasional misplaced Via train. Another set, in the middle was a set that was never used for anything other than to house the local vegetation. The remaining tracks we used for freight trains, cargo trains, whatever you want to call them.

I really enjoyed watching people herd themselves on and off the Go train, but more than that, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the rail equivalent of the "Erkel" car, a bright yellow one person rail car, that I can only assume was used to service the tracks. It made this funny clicking noise as it passed by, that I could hear quite clearly from our 8th floor apartment.

I don't remember when the yellow cars stopped coming, or if maybe I just stopped looking for them, but they began to appear less frequently, and today, that makes me sad.

I'm typing this from a brand new laptop computer, and I have to say, at this moment I'm less than impressed with the keyboard. I don't know if I have to break it in, or if perhaps this web page is just glitchy, but half of the letters that I type don't appear.

With that, I'm going to stop typing this before I annoy myself beyond reason, but I think my next entry might be a review on this HP laptop of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment