Friday, October 23, 2009

That's Okay, I Didn't Want to Interact With You Today Anyway.

Even as I'm writing this, I can't seem to pull my eyes away from the television. The fact that the television is currently showing "Treehouse" doesn't seem to be a deterrent either.

I've been doing some thinking. I was originally going to title this chapter "I'm sorry sir, but your wife is dying from television exposure" but I don't like the term "wife", so as I'm typing this sentence, the chapter remains untitled.

I can't seem to find the words to express what I'm trying to say, but basically, I hate television. I'm not sure if I've covered this topic yet. I hate that it's not only become the go-to, in the event that someone is not sure if there is something better they should be doing with their time, but it's also become priority to most other things.

Honestly, when was the last time you put something off until a commercial started? How often do you find yourself browsing through the television guide, just because there might be something on.

I find that I know two types of people who watch far too much television. There is the type that just likes to sit in front of the television because they don't feel like doing anything productive or social, and there is the type that is just completely clueless, and browses hours, and days in advance, just in case they'll have to put their life on hold because something showing on television. They set reminders, as their loved ones watch, hopelessly thinking "that's okay, I didn't want to interact with you today anyway" while crying on the inside.

Cuddling up and watching a movie is only romantic if it isn't suggested or done on a daily basis, and if it actually includes some cuddling. Also, if your significant other is trying to get a little closer, to sigh and mutter anything along the lines of "I'm trying to watch the movie", it's a total mood killer, and it kills every mood. Not just the "I want to be closer to you" mood (no matter what scale 'closer' happens to be on), but it also kills the mood to watch the movie.

I can't think of a way to end this entry, so I just will.

No comments:

Post a Comment