Monday, June 22, 2009

Chapter Three - The Big Decision.

So, I've decided on a theme for my blog, and that is to have no theme at all (original, I know). Anyhow, here is another entry for you.

HOW TO REMOVE VASELINE FROM THE HAIR OF A TODDLER (and I mean half a jar of vaseline):

Step One: Laugh (especially if you are a virgin at this).
Step Two: Run a bath.
Step Three: Wash hair as normal.
Step Four: Repeat step three, about a dozen times.
Step Five: Google "how to remove Vaseline from hair"...
Step Six: Read about how nothing works.
Step Seven: Consider trying a bar of soap, and then ignore it since "nothing works" .
Step Eight: Wait for your friend to try soap in her kid's hair.
Step Nine: When nothing horrible happens to said kid, and his hair is Vaseline free, proceed to try this on your own child. Wash with Soap about 3-4 times (depending on the severity of the problem) followed by a regular shampoo. This should leave your child's hair cleaner than it has ever been.
Step Ten: After drying your bathroom floor, prepare to google "How to remove permanent marker from skin"...

I recommend skipping right to the soap, and hiding all permanent markers prior to this. Especially the ones you don't know you have. Which brings me to my next rant...

HOW TO REMOVE PERMANENT MARKER FROM CHILDREN AND WALLS...

For children: Start with a baby wipe, immediately followed by a bath, using toothpaste on anything that won't come off with soap. Don't expect this to give a perfect result the first time, but by bath number three, marker should pretty much be gone.

For walls: I tried a lot of quick fixes I found on the net, with the exception of the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, which I will be trying on my doors later today. Nothing I found on the net worked including:

Nail Polish Remover
Dish Soap
Baby Oil
Vaseline (surprisingly, I had some left)
Hair Spray (kind of worked, I'll get to this in a minute)
Oxy Clean

So, as I was saying, the Hair Spray kind of works. By kind of, I mean that it liquified the paint on my wall. I also had a very small amount of hairspray, but I've found that bug repellent also works to the same effect. You'll still want to repaint when you're done, but it works as a temporary quick fix.

The moral of this story... don't go to the bathroom, don't cook dinner, don't leave the room, or peel your eyes from your toddlers, for even a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment