Friday, June 26, 2009

Chapter Nine: Love.

What is love? What is true love? What's the difference? No, seriously.

Nicole once told me (2 days ago) that "true love" is when every time feels like the first time. Naturally we were talking about sex at the time, but after giving it some thought, I think this can be taken in any context. I started thinking about the movie 50 First Dates, and how Drew Barrymore's character repeats the phrase "nothing beats a first kiss" throughout the movie. I completely agree, unless of course, the second, third and fourth are equally as earth moving, in which case, you have a keeper.

For those of you who haven't seen the movie, Adam Sandler ends up winning the affections a girl (Drew Barrymore) on a daily basis, because she has a short term memory disorder, and never remembers the previous day. Now that's what I call love, and determination.

I've also heard of a few couples in which one has tried to kill the other, and yet they've managed "work through it". Is that love? The ability to overcome anything?

Other movies, like The Notebook, also move me. Where love survives anything, even other love. Is it really possible to still be that in love with someone after not seeing them for so many years? One can only hope.

I'm a hopeless romantic at heart. I believe in the fairytale, happily ever after, and forever and ever. I believe in wooing, and being wooed. I thrive on passion. I used to think that I was a passionate person, everything I did, I did with everything I had, whether it was loving, or losing. I'm not sure I feel that way anymore, but then again, I can barely keep my eyes open as I type this. I know that I am an emotional person, overemotional at times. But I wouldn't change that for the world, because as far as I'm concerned, nothing is more honest than what you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment