Monday, June 29, 2009

Chapter Eleven: Pet Peeves of Mine.

Here is a list, in no particular order, of things that annoy me.

1. Jars that are not closed properly.
2. The word "ain't".
3. Having to return things that do not work correctly.
4. Not being able to return those things that do not work correctly.
5. Not working correctly.
6. People touching my Vantage electric guitar.
7. People who only acknowledge their children when the are misbehaving.
8. Newspapers in my home.
9. Discarded gum.
10. Clothes that are too small for the people who are wearing them.
11. Coldplay.
12. The Tragically Hip.

On any given day, I will probably encounter at least a dozen things that really bother me. About half of those things will be reasonable complaints. There is a specific group of people who live in the same building as me, who do one thing that really annoys me. They hang out in front of the elevator, on whatever floor they happen to be on, and they push the button, waiting for the elevator. Then, when the elevator arrives, they start to get in the elevator, standing in the doorway continuing their conversations, while people are in the elevator! They continue to do this until the elevator door starts to close on them, at which point they choose to get off the elevator, and wait for the next one, or take the stairs. I experience this on a daily basis.

Coldplay and The Tragically Hip make my list simply because, I just don't get it. I really don't. I get that they are talented, I get why some people like them, I don't get why they are the musical icons they've turned out to be. I think that Aqua has left a greater impression on me.

Numbers 3 through 5 might just be me lashing out at the bread machine I have that doesn't work, and I can't return.

Jars that are not closed properly is probably my favorite, because it almost always results in my dropping the jar on my foot, spilling whatever is in the jar, or a horrible combination of the two.

My running nose has just been added to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment