Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Chapter Six: I Hate Money.

I really do hate money, I'd love to have a little, but for the most part, it sucks almost as much as people who lead people on.

Money is the root of all evil. Money is the reason people are trying to convince me that I should be working instead of raising my daughter. Who knows, maybe if I did put my daughter in daycare, my walls wouldn't be covered in marker. But I probably also wouldn't have learned how to take Vaseline out of hair, which in my opinion is a very valuable piece of information. I also love how people assume that just because I stay at home to care for my daughter, that I'm abusing the welfare system. I've never in my life been on welfare. I'm a strong believer that the system is there to help people who need it, and I am not in need.

Money is the reason the summer is off to a less than impressive start. A summer in which we are all expected to carry around garbage wherever we go, while of course, supporting our fragile economy. So when I want to take my daughter out to the park for the day, I'm expected to carry her used diapers around with me. I expect that an insane amount of mothers have started trying to toilet train their 6 months old. Not to mention the fact that plastic bags are now frowned upon, so I guess we'll all be carrying around those diapers in the reusable cloth bags we carry our groceries in. Yummy. I suppose that they'll probably be an increase in the H1N1 outbreak too since people will be leaving their used tissues on sidewalks, in alley ways, and my favorite, in parks. Way to ruin the summer for the kids guys, seriously.

Money, in all of it's glory, is partly to blame for violence, war, depression, homelessness, divorce, and just generally crappiness all around. I'm sure I'd feel a bit different if I had some of it, but I don't, and I'm kind of (I do mean kind of) grateful for that. Now I shall proceed to follow my dreams of one day becoming a lottery winner. Until then, I'm sure I'll have lots more to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment