Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Chapter Seventeen: Sometimes...

I woke up this morning to the news that Martin Streek had killed himself at home last night. To be honest, the name sounded familiar, but I couldn't put a face to it. The reason for this was because I've never seen it.

Martin Streek was an Edge 102.1 personality for a period of time spanning decades. He was fired in May of this year. For those of you also trying to put a voice to name, Martin's shows included Thursday 30 Countdown, and live-to-air broadcasts from the Phoenix Concert Theater, and the Velvet Underground.

I could speak volumes on why I believe suicide to be incredibly stupid. But seeing as Martin was responsible for my early introduction to awesome music, such as that of Nine Inch Nails, and the Smashing Pumpkins, I'll skip the rant.

In place of my rant I would like to say thanks Martin, for your contributions to the music industry, my tastes in music, and of course, your fans. Rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment