Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I Can See Clearly Now There's a Giant Highrise In Front Of My Window.

Okay fine, it's not giant, and it's clearly been there just as long as my window has been here. But I can't always see it. Why? Because heavy rains often provide a waterfall effect over my window preventing me from seeing anything beyond the impressively large sheet of could-be-glass.

There might be a hundred feet between this building and the one next door, if you ignore the fact that they are connected by a patio, and a daycare facility. The two buildings also share a remarkable view of what I like to call the Bag Tree. Now, I must warn you, it's not the best time of year to view the Bag Tree, for it currently has leaves which unfortunately hide the beauteous collection of plastic bags that are caught in the branches.

I do have to mention at this point, if you happen to have a really, really long stick, I'd love to borrow it, so that I can relieve this tree of it's heavy burden, having to carry around all those leaves, it's just unfair.

All joking aside, the bags are driving me crazy. I was hoping once the tree was in full bloom, I wouldn't be able to see the bags anymore, but I can. I thought that one of the insanely windy days we had would have rectified the situation, but in fact, there are now more bags in this tree than ever.

Have you hugged a tree lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment