Monday, July 13, 2009

Chapter Twenty-Three: Scrabble For Beginners, Those Who Suck, and Those Who Just Have No Luck.

As I was growing up the game of the house was Scrabble. More often than not my mom won, then my dad, and sadly, I never did.

However, these are the basic rules for playing Scrabble and being successful.

1) Don't play with my parents. Granted they are not world Scrabble champions, but they've got a mean game.

2) Don't think about the letters, think about the numbers, all of them. Point value, bonuses, and how many letters are left, of each letter and all together.

3) Assume it is a word until proven otherwise.

4) Challenge anything and everything you can't define.

5) And lastly, if you've tried the above, and still can win, give me a call, we'll have a game, and I promise, you will win.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blogs...I keep waiting for the next one, and it always seems like I have to wait too long...must have...must have...BBLLLOOOGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete